WANTED: Research and copywriting for a project on control of public funds in CEE02.07.2020
Mikuláš Peksa, Pirate Member of the European Parliament, is looking for a contractor to help with research and copywriting for a project on control of public funds in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Research in Czech, English, and preferably an additional language from the CEE region
- Copywriting both of articles for website and draft supports for social media
- Follow EU and national policy developments on budgetary control and rule of law
- Suggest further research questions and possible solutions
- Strong journalistic or academic background (junior level possible)
- Passion for background research work
- Autonomy, reliability and ability to work in leading-by-task environment
- Basic knowledge of the distribution of EU funds, especially in the fields of agriculture and regional policy
- Basic knowledge of EU and national rules on transparency, accountability, conflict of interest, rule of law, fight against corruption and misuse of public funds
- Good understanding of the political landscape in the CEE region, especially the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland
- Ability to copywrite in Czech and to communicate in English and preferably an additional language from the CEE region
- Enthusiasm for protecting public property
- Basic skills with office tools (including OpenOffice and similar)
- Contractor position for at least 4 months;
- The contract is set up to be equivalent to part time job (around 50%) with slightly more time needed in September for setting up the project;
- Salary based on experience and in accordance with Parliamentary regulation;
- Work on meaningful project in international team with visible results
- It is quite possible that you will be branded as “traitor” by officials of some of above mentioned countries
- The whole reward for the project will be around 4 000 Eur: this offer is intended as an entry level for starting journalists/students
Requirements for selection:
- The applicant will send the necessary documentation by 15th July via mail: email@example.com.
- The condition for being included in the selection procedure is to send a structured CV and a cover letter explaining why we should choose you for the position. The winner’s CV and cover letter may be published.
Preferred starting date: 1st of September
The nomination team has the right to extend the deadline. The first round is done by evaluating the CV, motivation and previous experience. The second round is carried out in the form of practical verification of the required criteria. The evaluation is carried out by an evaluation committee composed of representatives of the MEP. Third round by personal interview.
- Position Requirements 40%
- Knowledge of basic rules of transparency, accountability and conflict of interest in distribution of public funds 25
- Overall impression 15%
- Motivation 15%
- Experience/Education 15%
Garching near Munich as a centre of innovation: inexhaustible energy from nuclear fusion and the development of quantum computersThanks to my colleague from the German Pirate Party, I have visited the university and research centre in Garching near Munich.
Freedom of Internet and human rights situation in Myanmar: What happened after the coup?Check out our discussion about Myanmar.
Rule of law – what does it really mean?In June, the EU decided on its budget for the next seven years, including key investment programmes meant to mitigate the impact of the pandemic and prepare Europe for the climate crisis.
WANTED: Researcher and copywriterMikuláš Peksa, Pirate Member of the European Parliament, is looking for a contractor to help with research and copywriting for a project on current challenges and opportunities in implementing Green Deal, sustainable industry and digital transition.
WANTED: Web designer and developerMikuláš Peksa, member of the European Parliament is accepting offers of cooperation for design and development of 4 web pages and graphic actualization of his blog.
WANTED: Euro and finance campaignerMikuláš Peksa, Pirate Member of the European Parliament, is looking for a contractor to help with research and copywriting for a project on current challenges and opportunities in topics of tax justice, Eurozone monetary policies and contemporary developments in economy like crypto-currencies and fintech.
WANTED: Research and copywriting for a project on control of public funds in CEEMikuláš Peksa, Pirate Member of the European Parliament, is looking for a contractor to help with research and copywriting for a project on control of public funds in Central and Eastern Europe.
How can the EU Parliament be more transparent and spend less money?Pirates in the European Parliament managed to gather a majority to support strong calls on **[the Parliament to be a more transparent and economical public institution](https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/TA-9-2020-0084_EN.html)**. However, more needs to be done.
ANTI-CORRUPTION INTERGROUP: PREVENT CORRUPTION IN CORONA EMERGENCY FUNDS**EU emergency funds have more risk of being misused, as parliamentary scrutiny and normal budgetary control measures are being abolished to ease their distribution.**
Hungarian Rhapsody 2020: Hungarian citizens call EU for actionOver the past few days, I have received hundreds of emails from Hungarian citizens, who are asking the European Union to stand against Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s abuses of emergency measures. The government is taking advantage of the pandemic to completely undermine the rule of law and democracy in Hungary. Since Orbán is grabbing power for an undefined period of time, he is de facto turning the country into a dictatorship.
How Cyber-criminals profit from the COVID-19 pandemic?The global pandemic of COVID-19 is not only a serious health issue but also a huge cyber-security risk. Cyber-criminals took advantage of the virus proliferation by abusing people’s fear and demand for information and supplies.
WANTED: Administrative assistant in BrusselsMikuláš Peksa, Pirate Member of the European Parliament, is looking for a reliable assistant in his Brussels office who can help with administrative tasks